You can buy UFC 247: Jones vs Reyes right here. A complete rundown on how to watch it on your Amazon Firestick or Fire TV can be found below
Just because you can no longer order UFC pay-per-views through your cable provider doesn’t mean you can’t watch UFC 247 and any future PPV’s on your TV. Once you order the PPV through ESPN+, you’ll be able to watch the fights on any connected-to-TV streaming device that supports the ESPN.
One such popular device is the Amazon Firestick or Amazon Fire TV. There has been some confusion about how to order through ESPN+ and then watch on your TV, so here’s a complete rundown on how to watch UFC 247 on your Firestick device:
Heavy may earn an affiliate commission if you sign up via a link on this page
How to Order UFC 247
The first step to watching UFC 247 on your Firestick is to purchase the PPV. When doing so, you have a couple different options, which depend on whether or not you already have a subscription to ESPN+:
If You Don’t Have ESPN+: You can get a special deal that includes a one-year subscription to ESPN+ ($49.99 value) and UFC 247 ($64.99 value) for just $84.98.
You can purchase that bundle right here by selecting “Upgrade & Buy.” You’ll then be able to watch the UFC 247 early prelims card (ESPN+) and the main card (ESPN+ PPV) on any of the ESPN digital platforms (more on that below).
If You Already Have ESPN+: You can buy the UFC 247 PPV by itself for $64.99 by going to this page and then selecting the “Get it for $64.99 here” link. Or, if you select “Upgrade & Buy,” you can get the special bundle price even if you already have ESPN+. In that case, you’ll simply extend your current ESPN+ subscription by a year and get the UFC 247 PPV for a total of $84.98.
How to Watch UFC 247 on Firestick
Once you’re signed up for ESPN+ and have purchased the UFC 247 PPV, you can then watch the fights through the ESPN app on your Firestick device. Here’s how:
1) Head to the home screen on your Firestick by pressing the “HOME” button on your Fire remote.
2) Once the top “HOME” tab is highlighted (it should automatically be highlighted when you first get to this screen, but if not, you can scroll up to highlight it), scroll to the right and select the “APPS” tab to access the Amazon App Store. This is where you can then find the apps that you want to download onto your Firestick device.
3) Next, you want to find the ESPN channel. You can do this a couple of different ways:
3a) You can scroll down and find the ESPN app within one of the sub-categories. ESPN can found within either the “ENTERTAINMENT” or “SPORTS” category.
3b) You can also return back to the home screen (press the “HOME” button on your Fire remote) and find the little search icon in the upper-left corner. If you can click on that, you can then type in “ESPN” to find the app.
3c) Also, if your Firestick is compatible with voice search (most have it), you can hold down the microphone button on the top of your Fire remote and say “ESPN”. It should then pop up on your screen.
4) Once you’ve found the ESPN channel, select it and then press “GET.” This will install the app, and you can then find it under the “APPS” section or on the home screen under “YOUR APPS & CHANNELS.”
Note) You can also add the ESPN app via the Amazon website right here. You’ll need to sign into the Amazon account that is associated with your Firestick device, then add the ESPN app and it should soon appear on your Firestick.
5) On your Firestick device, open the now-installed ESPN app and then sign into the ESPN+ account you used to purchase the PPV. You can do that by selecting the settings icon (the little gear symbol) in the upper-right corner, then “ACCOUNT INFORMATION”, then “ESPN ACCOUNT”.
6) Go back to the “FEATURED” tab and select the UFC 231 main card to start watching the fights starting at 10 p.m. ET.
Where Else to Watch UFC 247
If you don’t want to watch on a Firestick or Fire TV, you can do so on any other phone, tablet or streaming device that supports the ESPN app. This includes, but isn’t limited to: Roku, Apple TV, Chromecast, PlayStation 4 or Xbox One, Android phones, iPhones, tablets and select Samsung and Roku Smart TVs.
Additionally, you can watch right on your computer via ESPN.com right here.